Above all you can’t eat carbs and sugarsinstead, eat lots of protein and – which may seem strange at first glance – fat. As with the Paleo diet, you can enjoy the taste of meat, cheese, eggs, some fruits and many vegetables, but forget about bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. About 35 percent is consumed in the daily diet. fat, 50 percent carbohydrates and 15 percent. protein. In a ketogenic diet, fat can make up 80-90 percent. supplied energy, the remaining 10-20 percent. all together it is protein and carbohydrates. This will help keep insulin levels low – otherwise the desired effect will disappear immediately.
Weight loss is due to the restriction of the use of glucose as an energy material for muscle cells. At the same time it improves the availability of glucose for nervous system cells and red blood cells. There is a sharp decrease in glycogen stores, which contributes to rapid weight loss not due to loss of body fat but water losspreviously bound by glycogen accumulated in muscle.
- coconut oil
- MCT fat
- high flaxseed oil
- fish, e.g. herring, mackerel, plaice, carp, wild salmon
- olive oil
- meat, e.g. chicken legs, pork loin, pork loin, offal, steak
- Chia seeds
- pumpkin seeds
It is important to provide yourself with products containing fatty acids from each of these fractions during the day.
- quality sausages from verified sources,
- Dairy Products
- protein supplements (try to provide protein from food)
- vegetables, e.g. broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, cauliflower, radishes, cabbage, spinach
- fruits such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples
At the beginning of the ketogenic diet, the amount of carbohydrates consumed should be constantly monitored. Fruit is not mandatory, but it is good to introduce it in small quantities to ensure a dose of vitamins and minerals.
- quantitative weight loss;
- lowering blood glucose; (one of the positive consequences of using a ketogenic diet for diabetics – but it does not provide a rational justification for the use of high-fat monitoring in this group of patients);
- increase the natural antioxidants in the body that protect the body from free radicals.
- water loss in the body;
- loss of structural proteins in the human body and loss of muscle mass. (long-term use of a ketogenic diet can cause destruction of the body);
- limiting the body’s exercise capacity;
- eating disorders;
- body acidity;
- deterioration of well-being, irritability, aggression;
- increased diuresis (urination);
- restrictive diet.
An ectogenic diet is difficult and has many side effects, including impairing the metabolism of vitamin C. It must be individually good and supervised under the supervision of a specialist doctor. It is a diet that burns fatty acids as the primary source of energy by reducing carbohydrate consumption to at least 30 g / day. The diet has a protective effect on muscle tissue and is recommended for athletes bodybuilding competitions before competitions.